Short Breaks Information
Short Breaks form an essential part of the support provided by Havering to children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) and their families.
They are intended to have positive benefits/outcomes for both children and young people with SEND and their families.
Short Breaks are personal to individual needs and can include day, evening, overnight, weekend or holiday activities in the home, a residential or community setting, subject to meeting the eligibility criteria.
The main aims of Short Breaks are to provide children and young people with SEND the opportunity to:
- Try new activities and develop friendships
- Access provision/service both independently and with their families
- Develop skills towards independence
- Have fun with others
It also gives families an opportunity to:
- Have a break from their caring responsibilities
- Rest and relax
- Spend time with other members of their family
For more information visit the Havering website by clicking here