Wednesday 23rd September 7pm – 8pm
About this Event
Our first information session for parents was held on the 1st September. A recording is available here.
In this second session we’ll be focusing on issues arising since the return to school and providing further information on key topics parents have contacted us about.
The evening will begin with an update on the Covid-19 situation in Havering, an overview of symptoms, testing and infection control, and tips on talking to children and young people about social distancing.
We’ll then move into smaller breakout sessions. During the registration process you’ll be able to choose up to three sessions to attend from the following:
- Asthma/ respiratory conditions (led by BHRUT Asthma Specialist Nurses) – overview of asthma and Covid-19, advice on preventative measures and good management of asthma.
- Emotional Wellbeing (led by NELFT Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services) – tips on supporting children’s emotional wellbeing during their return to school.
- Flu Immunisations (led by Vaccination UK) – rollout of the flu vaccine in Havering schools, assurance of the measures that will be in place to ensure the programme is delivered safely during the Covid-19 pandemic.
- School catering (led by HES Catering) – what’s changed with regards to school meal provision in light of Covid-19, what measures are being taken to ensure safe provision of meals.
- Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (led by LBH Children and Adults with Disabilities team) – addressing key issues around risk assessment and general support available for SEND.
- Travel/ transport (led by LBH Transport Planning and Highways, Traffic & Parking Teams) – promotion of active travel, preventative measures if using public transport, Schools Streets initiative.
You’ll also have the option during registration to ask questions in advance, and will be able to ask further questions via the chat function during the sessions.
Places must be booked in advance. To book a place click here