Working in partnership with people with a learning disability to provide services that support people to live life as they choose.
Mencap is the leading voice of learning disability. Everything they do is about valuing and supporting people with a learning disability, and their families and carers.
charity for people with severe learning disabilities whose behaviour challenges. Making a difference to the lives of children and adults across the UK through:
- information about challenging behaviour
- peer support for family carers and professionals
- supporting families by phone or email
- running workshops to reduce challenging behaviour
- speaking up for families nationally
The vision is for anyone with severe learning disabilities who displays challenging behaviour to have the same life opportunities as everyone else.
Working to improve understanding of challenging behaviour, empower families with information and support, and help others to provide better services and more opportunities. across the UK.